Friday 3 May 2019

Narrative story.

Yesterday in Rimu we had to write a narrative story. Here is mine.

He had found it lying alone, deserted, abandoned in the attic. After making the discovery, jon had gazed and marvelled at it for some time. Where had it come from? Why had no dust settled upon it, as it had done over everything else that resided in her attic? A layer of the thick dust blanketed the attic floor, and as the sunlight glared through the attic windows, the dust particles yet to settle were illuminated as they danced in the stuffy air. Yet, the mirror looked flawless, untouched by age, not a finger print in sight.  He was as confused as a person in a mirror room. Jon propped the mirror up against one of the thick, timber beams that jutted from the attic floor. Settling down into a comfortable position, he tentatively placed a finger against the glass, it felt like water, it was liquid, then he felt a funny feeling in his finger, it was as if he had pins and needles, then it went numb and the pins and needles started to travel through his body. It went to his hand, then his arm, then his legs, and into his head. His whole body went numb. He was as scared as a mouse cornered by a cat. He accepted hearing a voice saying “don't resist it, don't resist it” then he was flung back across the room. He hit his head on a vars and it shattered into a million pieces, it knocked him out cold.

When he woke up he was still in the attic, he was wondering why he was up their. Then he remember everything, then he heard the voice in his head again. “Now you have my power” it said “remember, with great power comes great responsibility.” Jon was starting to think he imagined the whole thing, he thought he was going crazy. He went down stairs and got some breakfast. But when he put his hand out  to open the cupboard it started to move by itself. Jon was really freaked out now, he put his hand back down and the cupboard closed again. He put his hand back up and it opened again he moved it to the left, and the cupboard moved to the left, he moved his hand to the right and the cupboard moved to the right. “Wow he said, I think I am starting to see things.” then he put his hand out again and it didn't open. “Yep” he said, “I am officially losing my marbles.” he got his breakfast, got changed and went to school.

When he got there, he started to talk to his friends, he didn't tell them what happened because he believed he was just going crazy. But then he heard his friend ask “what time does school start again.”  “9:00” Jon said then his friend said “how did you know I was thinking what time school starts?” “what?” he said confused, “you just asked it out loud.” “no I didn't” his friend said. “I was thinking it in my head.” oh Jon said, confused as person in the dark, “well I just know you so well I knew you were going to say that” Jon replied. Now he was really convinced he was going crazy.

They all went to class and the first lesson they did was math. “Ugh” thought Jon. I hate math. They were doing algebra in their book, “I really don't want to do this” Jon thought, I wish I could just make my book disappear into the classroom bin. Then it disappeared and he looked over to the bin and it was there alright, he said in his head now I think that mirror did something to me. I think it gave me superpowers. And the voice I heard, it must have given me  somebodys consciousness. “That's right” he heard a voice in his head say “now you understand.”


I haven't finish it yet because I ran out of time. If you think there is anything I can do to make it better then just leave a comment.

(please leave a comment) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.